The process to begin the project included initial roof assessments followed by scheduling, budgeting, and completing the new roof system design. We also utilized and managed the services of a hazardous roofing material abatement company to ensure safety in the removal of all existing materials. Next came re-flashing and finally re-roofing the structures. The five buildings included were:
1. The Business Administration Building. This building totaled 22,940 square feet of new roof.
2. The Business Administration Building “C Wing.” This building totaled 37,590 square feet of new roof.
3. Payne Hall. This building totaled 28,294 square feet of new roof.
4. Farmer Education Building. This building totaled 37,950 square feet of new roofing.
5. Education Lecture Hall. This building had 5,850 square feet of new roofing.
Altogether, total square footage was 132,624.
SD Crane Builders completed this project on an occupied campus with zero interruption to day-to-day activities for students, staff, and faculty. The project began May 15th and was completed August 8th, 2008.